Save a few dollars with very minor cosmetic case blemish, still carries our standard warranty. A compact, convenient and affordable version of the classic Mu-Tron Octave Divider
The OCTAVE DIVIDER is the newest reincarnation of the classic Mu-Tron Octave Divider. The OCTAVE DIVIDER creates a thick analog octave-down and a fuzzy ring modulated octave-up tone, in a pedalboard-friendly size and powered by industry-standard 9V DC. The OCTAVE DIVIDER pairs amazingly well with the Micro-Tron IV and tracks steady on guitar, bass, keyboards and horns. Turn your instrument into a fat monophonic synthesizer.
The Mu-Tron OCTAVE DIVIDER makes the full, harmonically rich option of “playing in octaves” available to all horn and stringed instrument players. This live effect is created by newly developed circuitry that analyzes the original signal and “pairs” it with the note one octave below, matching tone color and dynamics over an exceptionally wide range. The unique “stabilization” circuit (patent pending) enables the Mu-Tron OCTAVE DIVIDER to “lock into” the musical tone and sound a simultaneous sub-octave with accuracy that is not found in any other device. An important advance in electronic music technology, the OCTAVE DIVIDER has the same quality, ruggedness, and reliability that makes Mu-Tron the first choice of professional musicians.
The RINGER Provides multiple effects of distortion, extra note generation, and a kind of “octave up” effect. RINGER effect is added to output, regardless of MIX. The more “pure” the instrument tone, the stronger the “octave up” effect. For the strongest “octave up”, turn MIX full down to eliminate the originally played register. STRINGED INSTRUMENTS: neck pick-up tone down, volume up full. (GUITAR, play from tenth fret up on all strings.) Two notes played simultaneously will beat with each other, producing “extra” notes. Try parallel fourths, fifths, or other simple chords. MIX full up. WIND INSTRUMENTS: play with clear “round” tone.
The OCTAVE DIVIDER can be used successfully with many other devices, but the OCTAVE DIVIDER must be the first to receive the signal from the instrument. The OCTAVE DIVIDER followed by a Micro-Tron IV or a Mu-Tron BI-PHASE are especially effective.
- The ability to preserve dynamics and harmonic content of the original signal in the sub-octave.
- A stabilization circuit that “locks into” all single-voiced signals.
- A tone color control for sub-octave.
- A ringer circuit for harmonic emphasis of upper tones, and special multi-note effects.
- A novel mixing circuit with BASS ONLY switch for extended range and dramatic effects.
- Auxiliary impedance-compensated output.
- LED (light emitting diode) indicators to show operating status of effects.
- 9V DC powered in rugged Mu-Tron enclosure.
- Mix controls the mix between the direct signal and the effect signal
- Tone (Lo-Hi) controls the tone
- Ringer (On/Off) adds slight octave up and fuzz tone
- Stabilize (On/Off) provides note tracking stability
- Bass Only (On/Off) takes out the input signal
We gladly ship internationally. However, buyer is responsible for all taxes and fees outside of the shipping fee that countries may charge for import and onward shipping charges. Buyer is also responsible to follow tracking information if package is held for payment in country of destination.
- 1/4″ Input Jack
- 1/4″ Output Jack
- 9V DC
- Weight: 1 lbs
- Dimensions: 4.75″ x 2.5″ x 2.25″
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Made in the USA
Octave Divider Quickstart Guide
There are no reviews yet.