A compact, modern representation of the legendary Mu-Tron Bi-Phase
The Mu-Tron Bi-Phase is a dual phase-shifter invented and marketed by Musictronics USA in the 70s. It has become well-known and well-loved for it’s ‘classic’ warm and deep sound, as well as the flexibility of it’s control and audio-processing capabilities. The all analog Bi-Phase recreates the creamy HiFi phase of the mythical Musitronics Bi-Phase pedal and packs into a compact, pedal board friendly package. The new and compact Bi Phase is designed to fit into modern day pedal chain as it may be powered by standard power bricks, routes the signal from right to left to allow for easy patching, and an interface which is much more symmetrical and intuitive than the original. This Bi-Phase even retains its “bleed-bypass” onto-electronic switching add some analog warmth to instruments whilst in bypass mode. This was a highly requested feature by many studio engineers who wish to process overheads and vocals through the unit. Just like the original, there is a pedal input that will allow for real-time control of the phase sweep. It may also be used to control the rates of either phasor to provide the musician utmost expression and “Leslie Speaker” type of sounds.
Features and Improvements:
- Modular optical design which allows for consistency across units.
- Optical-bypass foot-switching for each individual phase channel is built into the pedal.
- Original +-15 volt internal operations insures high headroom and low noise
- Square and sine wave operation
- Pedal control assignable to rate to achieve “Leslie” fast and slow control
- Pedal control assignable to sweep phasors manually.
- LED (light emitting diode) indicators to show operating status of effects.
- Routes signal from right to left to be more pedal board friendly.
- Operates on standard 9v or 12 v DC (negative center tip, 200mA power port)
- Same LFO synchronization and routing capabilities as the original
- Feedback controls the level of phase feedback
- Rate controls speed of phase
- Depth controls intensity of phase effect
- Shape selects square or sine wave
- Pedal maybe assigned to rate, or sweep on either Phasor
- 2 1/4″ Input Jacks
- 2 1/4″ Output Jacks
- 9V-12V DC
- Draws 200 mA
- Weight: 1 lbs
- Dimensions: 4.75″ x 2.5″ x 7.25″
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Made in the US